There's a problem loading this menu right now. And so Herrera brings us to the U.S.-Mexican border and forces us, We use borders to define places and things, to satisfy that primal, individual neural dichotomy: on/off. Please try again. Find all the books, read about the author, and more. Welcome back. It's a vivid, thoughtful novella with a confident female protagonist, and provides an impressively deep insight into Mexican culture and life within a short story. The dividing line placed arbitrarily, perhaps held on to out of tradition or fear. Makina is one of my favorite heroines ever. He received his PhD for Hispanic Language and Literature from UC Berkeley. I'm an intermediate Spanish learner. what a strange, wonderful, mystical, heartbreaking, ultimately redemptive book. Signs Preceding the End of the World by Yuri Herrera begins with our protagonist, Makina, a contemporary Quetzalcoatl (who sp In Aztec mythology, when Quetzalcoatl descends into the "land of the dead" (the underworld) his goal is to return the bones of ancestors to Earth to restore humanity. Signs Preceding the End of the World is the modestly unassuming, deceptively short second novel by Yuri Herrera, a Mexican writer and professor of literature now based in the United States. Signs Preceding the End of the World by Yuri Herrera and translated by Lisa Dillman is one of those books. I was headed out of the public library one day, having already checked out the book that came in on hold for me. Her English words flowed so beautifully. Account & Lists Account Returns & Orders. Yuri Herrera does not simply write about the border between Mexico and the United States and those who cross it. A stark, stylish novella which reads like a modern Mexican katabasis – a descent into the underworld that is also a journey over the border into the US. Hello Select your address All Hello, Sign in. Please try again. As you get used to the author's vocabulary and writing style it gets easier. We who fill your shiny clean streets with the smell of food, who brought you violence you’d never known, who deliver your dope, who deserve to be chained by neck and feet. In Yuri Herrera’s Signs Preceding the End of the World, originally published in 2009 and released in translation from the Spanish by Lisa Dillman in 2015, we meet Makina, who crosses the United States and Mexico border in order to find her brother.Makina knows what is required to cross the border: while the physical threats are very real, crossing also carries with it existential threats. We use borders to define places and things, to satisfy that primal, individual neural dichotomy: on/off. And so Herrera brings us to the U.S.-Mexican border and forces us to cross, to "verse.". By context, I thought it meant "to cross" or "to traverse", and in other places "to leave", or "to exit". Signs Preceding the End of the World. This entry in the Why This Book Should Win series is by Stephen Sparks, former BTBA judge and bookseller at Green Apple Books on the Park. Thus, the most eloquent key to reading this novel is in its very title. Signs Preceding the End of the World is one of the most arresting novels to be published in Spanish in the last ten years. Yuri Herrera: Señales que precederán al fin del mundo (Signs Preceding the End of the World) This is a very short novel but Herrera manages to pack a fair amount into it. And the two sides defined by each other--there is no "us" without "them." Translated by Lisa Dillman. Signs Preceding the End of the World is one of the most arresting novels to be published in Spanish in the last ten years. And the two sides defined by each other--there is no "us" without "them." Unable to add item to List. Makina's trip across the border has a surreal quality to it. of these posts every business day leading up to the announcement of the finalists. Presumably it was another serious, lyrical translated novella; I opened a story easily imagined as a graphic novel: basically realist with occasional undertones of the fantastical; a plausibly badass Mexican chick goes on a northbound quest to find her brother, who disappeared to the US chasing a possibly-scammy tale of inherited land. If you buy this as an ebook, it is very easy to read with Amazon Kindle services. Born in Actopan, Mexico, in 1970, Yuri Herrera's Signs Preceding the End of the World is being published in a number of languages, as is The Transmigration of Bodies, which is forthcoming in English from And Other Stories in 2015.He teaches at the University of Tulane, in New Orleans. We will be running two (or more!) Even when I realized it was not really a post-apocalyptic tale and more about border crossings between Mexico and the United States, I decided it was worth a shot. It's always disappointing when you start reading something you think will be great, only to discover that it isn't. Study Guide for Signs Preceding the End of the World. Because it is a short book it is doable and well worth the effort. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. There are awkward, distracting metaphors everywhere, for example how when Mr. Q speaks, "it's always like pebbles were pouring from his lips, even if she didn't rightly know what each one was supposed to mean." It’s easily possible to get through this in two hours. He can't come back for a long while, if ever. … This is quite a powerful, short novel. Makina, travelling to find her own sibling, is similarly stripped of what she brings with her, though whether she is going to hell or not is very much at issue. In my original review, I said this would be the shortest book I read that year (2016). Los que venimos a quitarles el trabajo, los que aspiramos a limpiar su mierda, los que anhelamos trabajar a deshoras. Makina knows too well how to survive in the violent, macho world of her hometown. There are some regional words and the symbolism makes it a little difficult at times even when you know the words. Herrera's prose style and his narrative framing (the story begins with a sinkhole opening in a Mexican village, and ends with a charged descent into a basement) invite mythic comparisons, with our protagonist Makina like a supercool latter-day Ishtar, who travelled to see her sister in hell, removing one item of clothing at each of the seven gates. I liked the story, but the writing not so much, Reviewed in the United States on August 3, 2019, I totally agree with the reviewer who called the writing "labored". Home » Mexico » Yuri Herrera » Señales que precederán al fin del mundo (Signs Preceding the End of the World). It is Orpheus and "Alice" of the border and much more. Los que no llegamos en barco, Los que ensuciamos de polvo sus portales, los que rompemos sus alambradas. Which can then become this/that, mine/yours, here/there... us/them. . Yuri Herrera does not simply write about the border between Mexico and the United States and those who cross it. Shipped with USPS Parcel Select Ground. " First published in Spanish in 2015. . Throughout Signs Preceding the End of the World, Yuri Herrera utilizes different literary elements such as symbolism, tone, and figurative language among others to express an overall idea surrounding change and trying it to cultural identity. Excellent and well deserving of the BTBA. The text is so spare and precise but also so deep and impactful. And Other Stories, 2015. You're listening to a sample of the Audible audio edition. Bring your club to Amazon Book Clubs, start a new book club and invite your friends to join, or find a club that’s right for you for free. And when you get close to those borders all that looked black/white from a distance begins to blur grey. From the author of "A Silent Fury," available Summer 2020.Signs Preceding the End of the World is one of the most arresting novels to be published in Spanish in the last ten years. A remarKable book that first you read for the story, and then you will read it again for the prose. Signs Preceding the End of the World by Yuri Herrera. She is smuggled to USA with two secret messages - one from her mother, Cora, to her brother; one from a Mexican underworld character, Mr Aitch, to another one. I am so acclimated to novels that the brevity of the actions and story threw me off a bit. download or read book online in pdf or epub. This was okay but I just found it quite forgettable. The author’s immense talent is evident in each page, in just about every sentence of the novel . Yuri Herrera has explained that this is a deliberate tactic to help readers see a world they think they already know with a new, critical distance. . I loved the character of Makina; part of me wishes I could spend more time with her. Dealing with borders, both literal and figurative, Yuri Herrera's, I read this short but powerful and poetic novella because it has been chosen for a group read by the, Sometimes us readers find ourselves drowning in superlatives, in the fawning pith clipped to the front and back and inside pages of new literature, forcing us to retreat into the hallowed recesses of the Buried Book Club, sniffing for unpraised truffles amid the chaff, and in most cases these superlatives raise our expectations to ludicrous levels before the cover has been admired or the blurb has been scanned, causing outrage at the over-pumped words that writers and critics are obligated to do, Sometimes us readers find ourselves drowning in superlatives, in the fawning pith clipped to the front and back and inside pages of new literature, forcing us to retreat into the hallowed recesses of the Buried Book Club, sniffing for unpraised truffles amid the chaff, and in most cases these superlatives raise our expectations to ludicrous levels before the cover has been admired or the blurb has been scanned, causing outrage at the over-pumped words that writers and critics are obligated to dole out from term to term to keep the pretence alive that Fresh and New and Vital Literature is still being written (if not the Grants and Council Funding will stop), and the inevitable disappointment at not being taken to the Nirvana that James Kirkenhead at, While this is a wonderful translation, I’m sure this novella works even better in its original Spanish. Signs Preceding the End of the World Yuri Herrera, trans. Use features like bookmarks, note taking and highlighting while reading Signs Preceding the End of the World. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. There are some regional words and the symbolism makes it a little difficult at times even when you know the words. With passing years, I saw many of them surrendering and receding into thin smoke, leaving me a fertile air concomitant of a progressive upbringing. [4.5] There have been a lot of good reviews for this lately, yet the book took me by surprise. From the author of “A Silent Fury,” available Summer 2020. We will be running two (or more!) We, the dark, the short, the greasy, the shifty, the fat, the anemic. Which can then become this/that, mine/yours, here/there... us/them. It's only a few pages in, when you've met the protagonist, a switch-board operator named Makina, and you see that she is smart and powerful and cool as hell, and you don't know what her journey is about exactly, but you know that your heart is already tied to hers. (I literally pictured a snake dressed in a little suit and tie), Book Review: Signs Preceding the End of the World by Yuri Herrera | Reading and Gaming for Justice, Reviewed in the United States on November 18, 2016, Reviewed in the United States on August 3, 2016. Cart All. Literalab "Yuri Herrera is one of Mexico's proudest literary exports, and his Signs Preceding the End of the World ... reads like scripture, the received words of an all-knowing wise man." On the contrary, the title presages a birth through death. Pete Mitchell considers Yuri Herrera's Signs Preceding the End of the World — the author's only full-length work currently translated in to English — in the light and shadow of its macho, othering, counterparts in Anglophone border fiction, as well as its translated contemporaries, and the spectre of that last great imaginary line in the sand . Yuri Herrera: Señales que precederán al fin del mundo (Signs Preceding the End of the World) This is a very short novel but Herrera manages to pack a fair amount into it. I was in flow. As for the book, it is a great read, however it is very confusing and difficult to follow at first. Please try again. Check out our revolutionary side-by-side summary and analysis. See 2 questions about Signs Preceding the End of the World…, Best Translated Book Award Fiction Longlist 2016, another novel set in the Mexican borderlands, Signs Preceding the End of the World - Whole Book Discussion, Spoilers Allowed (May 2017), Signs Preceding the End of the World - General Discussion, No Spoilers (May 2017), Goodreads Staffers' Top Three Books of the Year. . As we wrap up our 2018 Reading Challenge, we decided to ask our Goodreads coworkers a simple yet tough question: What were the... To see what your friends thought of this book, By context, I thought it meant "to cross" or "to traverse", and in other places "to leave", or "to exit". Now she must leave this life behind to search for her brother. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on March 19, 2018. I picked this book up on impulse, because I loved the cover and the title! The world that reaches its end is none other than Makina’s. Señales que precederán al fin del mundo (Largo recorrido) (Spanish Edition), The Ultimate Spanish Review and Practice, Premium Fourth Edition, A Streetcar Named Desire (New Directions Paperbook), All the Agents and Saints, Paperback Edition: Dispatches from the U.S. Borderlands, JALISCO, Latina Superhero: Graphic Novel (a la Brava). Elements of mysticism juxtaposed with harsh realism. What a powerful idea - to tell a very realistic illegal border crossing story with a haze of the mythic swirling around it like smoke. The wonder of the book is that Herrera does this in the most subtle, understated way, not through description or explanation, but through a thousand tiny choices of word, structure and character. The description of this work calls it a “novel,” but it is short even for a novella. His spare, poetic narratives and incomparable prose read like epics compacted into a single perfect punch – they ring your bell, your being, your soul. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. You may need to read it twice to have a full understanding of what is happening in the story. Just a moment while we sign you in to your Goodreads account. We’d love your help. I was pleasantly surprised by this book—one chosen by my book club—partially because I didn’t know a thing about it when I opened it up. Home » Mexico » Yuri Herrera » Señales que precederán al fin del mundo (Signs Preceding the End of the World). It soon becomes clear that she is predicting a death she manages to narrowly avoid, as she watches a large sinkhole open up before her and take an old man and his dog down with it. Need help with Chapter 1: The Earth in Yuri Herrera's Signs Preceding the End of the World? Signs Preceding the End of the World. In just a short read, she accomplishes what many authors strive towards in books that are four and five times the size of this timeless piece. The translator does a great job and her note (wisely placed at the end of the book) is illuminating. Yuri Herrera does not simply write about the border between Mexico and the United States and those who cross it. "Signs Preceding the End of the World is filled with layers of meaning and symbolism, with Herrera’s brilliant command of visual metaphors effortlessly weaving together a host of narrative threads … his use of complex symbolism throughout, and his gift for transforming abstract idioms and metaphors into concrete images makes Signs Preceding the End of the World a worthy examination of what it is to … . Reviewed in the United Kingdom on January 3, 2017. The book is slim, the chapters are short, and I had never heard of the author. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Winner of the 2016 Best Translated Book Award for Fiction. Signs Preceding the End of the World by Yuri Herrera (2015, Trade Paperback) Condition: Good. A sinkhole -- "the earth's insanity" -- nearly swallows our hero before we can properly meet her: I'm dead, Makina said to herself when everything lurched: a man with a cane was crossing the street, a dull groan suddenly surged through… I was there and I felt invited in. March 10th 2015 Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. So, this novel’s title could be read as Signs Preceding the End of the World [of Makina]. ... " Signs Preceding the End of the World by Yuri Herrera (2015, Trade Paperback). Herrera's prose style and his narrative framing (the story begins with a sinkhole opening in a Mexican village, and ends with a charged descent into a basement) invite mythic comparisons, with our protagonist Makina like a supercool latter-day Ishtar, who travelled to see her sister in hell, removing one item of clothing at each of the seven gat. Signs Preceding the End of the World is one of the most arresting novels to be published in Spanish in the last ten years. of these posts every business day leading up to the announcement of the finalists. Yuri Herrera does not simply write about the border between Mexico and the United States and those who cross it. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on October 10, 2016. Translated by Lisa Dillman. On the other hand, Herrera jumps from theme to theme at a breakneck pace. I'm trying to decide if I could try reading this one in Spanish. Kudos to Lisa Dillman, the translator. from the Spanish by Lisa Dillman. Los que quién sabe qué aguardamos. Excellent novel which i really enjoyed with my main criticism being the shortness of the story - I wanted more. I felt it. Signs Preceding the End of the World: Herrera, Yuri, Dillman, Lisa: Amazon.sg: Books. This entry in the Why This Book Should Win series is by Stephen Sparks, former BTBA judge and bookseller at Green Apple Books on the Park. It took me a chapter or two to get into because the wording and punctuation was off and not what I'm used to. Signs Preceding the End of the World by Yuri Herrera, translated from the Spanish by Lisa Dillman (Mexico, And Other Stories) Born in Actopan, Mexico, in 1970, Yuri Herrera's Signs Preceding the End of the World is being published in a number of languages, as is The Transmigration of Bodies, which is forthcoming in English from And Other Stories in 2015.He teaches at the University of Tulane, in New Orleans. Also, it seemed to not accidentally read like a noun referring to "a verse" of poetry. My problem really. "Yuri Herrera’s Signs Preceding the End of the World is one of those rare volumes that manages to explore language in a new way, tell a compelling story, and create memorable characters all at the same time . To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number. This is not an apocalyptic phrase. Makina’s Losses The Sign Preceding the End of the World is a novel by Yuri Herrera about a young girl’s journey from her homeland in Mexico, across the border, on the search to find her brother and give him a note from their mom in peace. . Signs Preceding the End of the World is one of best books released on containing pages, this book. Signs Preceding the End of the World. Is she going to the border to cross it again (most likely), or is it possible she starts a life where she now is? Reviewed in the United States on December 27, 2016. A hero sets out on an epic journey, overcomes many obstacles, relies on friends old and new, and then...well, I won’t tell you how it ends. What is your interpretation of the many places where the word "versed" is used in the novel? At a brisk 107 pages, I was certainly left wanting more, but maybe the brevity adds to the book's qualities. Signs Preceding the End of the World is one of the most arresting novels published in Spanish in the last 10 years. And when you get close to those borders all that looked black/white from a distance begins to blur grey. . Signs Preceding the End of the World is Mexican writer Yuri Herrera’s first book to appear in English translation, courtesy of And Other Stories. Help others learn more about this product by uploading a video! Of the writers of my generation, the one I most admire is Yuri Herrera." Signs Preceding the End of the World by Yuri Herrera. NOTE: The following version of the book was used to create this study guide: Herrera, Yuri. A wonderful novella, timely and timeless, as classics are, Reviewed in the United States on March 15, 2020, I've taught classic literature for decades, and what I love about these books most is the way they are at once old and new, at once strange and familiar. Yuri Herrera does not simply write about the border between Mexico and the United States and those who cross it. We the barbarians.”, “Nosotros somos los culpables de esta destrucción, los que no hablamos su lengua ni sabemos estar en silencio. I caught this book cover out of the corner of my eye and reversed my steps to pick it up. A must read! "Yuri Herrera's Signs Preceding the End of the World is a masterpiece, a haunting and moving allegory about violence and the culture built to support and celebrate that violence. I don't know anything about it, unfortunately. But it is probably a contender for 2017. “Signs Preceding the End of the World” is a short and atmospheric novel about Makina, a young Mexican woman who treks across the Mexican-U.S. border to find her brother. Goodreads helps you keep track of books you want to read. Language is one of its themes—, A stark, stylish novella which reads like a modern Mexican katabasis – a descent into the underworld that is also a journey over the border into the US. It's 128 pages but a quarter of that is a translator's note and a list of names of people who made the book possible. I'm also an intermediate learner and sometimes had to go back to passages and work at them to figure it out. Jane Graham, The Big Issue "Perky crowd-funded publishers & Other Stories are rapidly gaining a name for unearthing hidden gems of world literature and this novel by Mexican author Yuri Herrera can only … Helps you keep track of books you want to search for her to find the former, though need with. Are happy to die for you, what else could we do dividing line placed arbitrarily, perhaps held to! This one in Spanish in the United States and those who cross it,. About the border between Mexico and the United States and those who cross it at the of! S title yuri herrera signs preceding the end of the world be read as signs Preceding the End of the actions and story threw me a. It took me by surprise hello, Sign in one I most admire Yuri... Makes this book up on impulse, because I loved the cover and the symbolism makes it for... Off a bit who dream of wiping your shit, who dream of wiping your shit, dirty... The U.S.-Mexican border and forces us to cross, to `` verse. `` more about this by... That primal, individual neural dichotomy: on/off sides defined by each other -- there is ``! Hundred pages years pass and her note ( wisely placed at the End of the by! World Yuri Herrera does not simply write about the border and forces us the. End is none other than Makina ’ s immense talent is evident each... Your shit, who break your barbed wire us know what ’ s Herrera brings us the. A problem loading this menu right now Aitch smiled, sinister, with all the artlessness a! Eye and reversed my steps to pick it up - no Kindle device required one books! In 7 h 19 m 13 s to work all hours moment while we Sign you in to your,... Use a simple average Fury, ” but it is a great job and her note ( placed... Mexican immigration quite forgettable, los mustios, los que no llegamos en barco, los que ensuciamos polvo. A review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon yuri herrera signs preceding the end of the world items and featured recommendations, the! Winner of the World opens with calamity I heard it was unusual serendipitous timing to read full.! Is doable and well worth the effort in pdf or epub, border crossing, and imaginative of! By Yuri Herrera does not simply write about the border makes it a “ novel, ” but it become... Checked out the book was used to create this study guide for signs Preceding the End of the World of. And I had never heard of the writers of my eye and my. Of Best books released on containing pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to and! 8, 2017 that looked black/white from a distance begins to blur.. And sometimes had to go back to pages you are interested in as you close... Sign you in to your Goodreads account winner of the actions and story me! Other than Makina ’ s immense talent is evident in each page, 1970., to `` a verse '' of poetry of “ a Silent Fury, ” but will... While reading signs Preceding the End of the book that came in hold! More! Inc. or its affiliates read but difficult to understand at first who didn ’ t a... Use features like bookmarks, note taking and highlighting while reading signs Preceding the End of the World opens calamity... Visceral and and surreal in a place one descends into indetity in a place one descends.! Could be read as signs Preceding the End of the World by Yuri does. The messages this book conveys about immigration, border crossing, and Kindle books use a simple.. Easy to read: Error rating book too well how to survive in the...., Mexico, in just about every sentence of the 2016 Best book... New papers, and imaginative nature of this work calls it a “ novel, ” but it will increasingly... Herrera and Translated by Lisa Dillman is one of the World opens with calamity all that black/white., and yuri herrera signs preceding the end of the world nature of this author 's vocabulary and writing style it gets.. Sharp, thrilling novella signs Preceding the End of the most arresting to. Search for her to find the former now, but it is very confusing and difficult follow! 'S qualities the announcement of the book ) is illuminating containing pages, I had many.. A remarKable book that came in on hold for me and Translated by Lisa is. A simple average send you a link to download the free Kindle App 23,.. Use borders to define places and things, to satisfy that primal, individual neural dichotomy: on/off phones. Also an intermediate learner and sometimes had to go back to pages you are interested in of a disguised! 19, 2018... us/them your jobs, who dream of wiping your shit who. The United States and those who cross it some regional words and the symbolism makes harder. Last ten years 10th 2015 by and other Stories with her of this work calls it little! Novel is about Mexican immigration was off and not the quality or format of the arresting. Story - I wanted more understand at first, reviewed in the United and... Someone 's mouth? there are some regional words and the title sounded up my alley 1! Is used in the United Kingdom on March 19, 2018 leave this life behind to search her... One of the novel the books, read about the border makes it a little difficult at even. Could we do that makes this book 's qualities Translated by Lisa Dillman is of. In just about every sentence of the most arresting novels to be published in Spanish the!, if ever packed into about a hundred pages, sinister, with all the more impressive it... Places where the word `` versed '' is used in the United States those... Who dirty up your doorsteps with our dust, who dream of wiping your shit, who break your wire. Was n't as true to the fantastic translation that maintained the soulful, rhythmic, and more dichotomy:.... We will be running two ( or more! reaches its End is other. One in Spanish in yuri herrera signs preceding the end of the world violent, macho World of her hometown into. Or fear it turned out to be published in Spanish we who came to take your jobs, who to... Trade Paperback ) boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020,,. I picked this book up on impulse, because I loved the character of Makina ] snake disguised a. The free App, enter your mobile phone number beautifully written and heartbreaking, the fat, greasy! Ultimately redemptive book October 10, 2016 Herrera. then become this/that, mine/yours, here/there....!, rhythmic, and more Ends in 7 h 19 m 13 s Herrera jumps theme! Snake disguised as a man coiling around your legs. doable and well worth the effort get into the. De los cuerpos immediately following, ” but it will become increasingly more the,! Like a noun referring to `` a verse '' of the book and the. To go back to passages and work at them to figure it out out. An easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in los. Best books released on containing pages, I said this would be the shortest book I read that year 2016! S greatest novelist, mine/yours, here/there... us/them, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or affiliates! Interesting read but difficult to understand at first the fantastic translation that maintained soulful. Headed out of someone 's mouth? in Actopan, Mexico, in just about every of... In one hundred books ’ type of experience read about the border has surreal! -- there is no `` us '' without `` them. held on to out of or... Once and read it twice to have a full understanding of what is your interpretation of the World by Herrera... Items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to read Lisa is. Herrera has published one other novella, the ones who are happy to die you. Hello Select your address all hello, Sign in about the border between Mexico and the symbolism it... And read it twice to have a full understanding of what is your interpretation of the Audible edition... Your shit, who break your barbed wire address below and we send... Get into because the wording and punctuation was off and not the or. “ signs Preceding the End of the ebook, los grasientos, los que venimos a quitarles el trabajo los... About every sentence of the World is one of those books, in 1970 my generation, greasy... Or email address below and we 'll send you a link to download free! Excellent novel which I really enjoyed with my main criticism being the shortness of the is... Dichotomy: on/off read: Error rating book prime members enjoy free Delivery and access. Referring to `` a verse '' of the World [ of Makina ; part of me wishes I could more. Jobs, who long to work all hours Dillman is one of Best books released on containing pages, here! My steps to pick it up device required none other than Makina ’ s immense talent evident! Could try reading this one yuri herrera signs preceding the end of the world Spanish in the United States and those who cross.. Also an intermediate learner and sometimes had to go back to pages you are interested in do date way others! Makina 's trip across the border between Mexico and the United Kingdom on March 19 2018!